logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:33 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

I'm almost positive on this one. He will counter the MTB. The question is whether or not the MTB will still have to sacrifice to it. I am thinking not, but I could argue it either way.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

What's the reasoning on why they might still have to sacrifice? I'm reading NTMTO as you're basicly playing like the opposing piece no longer has the SA that modifies iniative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:49 pm 

homer_sapien wrote:
What's the reasoning on why they might still have to sacrifice? I'm reading NTMTO as you're basicly playing like the opposing piece no longer has the SA that modifies iniative.

I read it the same. Where it gets tricky is the word on NTMTOs is the word, "suppress". And specifically it suppresses the ability modifying init. Since technically the MTB is doing two things - its possible even if unlikely, that it might not counter both.

However, I dont believe that will be the case - but I can argue it :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:46 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
homer_sapien wrote:
I read it the same. Where it gets tricky is the word on NTMTOs is the word, "suppress". And specifically it suppresses the ability modifying init. Since technically the MTB is doing two things - its possible even if unlikely, that it might not counter both.

This makes sense, it sounds like you want it to just suppress the init portion of the SA. I'm not sure if that's the case, but I think it would pose the most likely reason to play HR vs. HST

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:27 pm 
General
General

billiv15 wrote:
...Where I see the issue with the MTB is that the MTB affects your init, not mine. We have no other ability to know at this time. IT certainly could affect it, just cant say. Try it our, perhaps ST isnt your best piece.

As in the quoted abilities above: NTMTO makes no distinction as to whose initiative is being controlled, simply that it is an enemy character that is controlling it. Also, the rule (in this case: Tactics Broker) has "no effect" while NTMTO is on the table - the entire ability, removing characters is part of that ability. The rules as stated are pretty clear; it may or may not be what they intended, but it is certainly what they have written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:29 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I think the Rebel Trooper on Tauntaun could be a great reinforcements choice for Garm. Recon, jolt and mobile attack are a nice combo. RToT + Verpine + Bith Rebel = 30.

Here's another 200 point build that might be fun:

1 Garm Bel Iblis
1 Mara Jade, Jedi
1 Prince Xizor
1 Lobot
1 Bith Black Sun Vigo
4 Human Blaster-for-Hire
1 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Like billiv's build, this one relies on a Muun Tactics Broker (or a Rebel Trooper on Tauntaun) in the reinforcements for initiative control, and foregoes the Han/Jaina combo in favor of a bunch of criminals. Mara gets evade, jolt and accurate shot, the Bith Vigo gets accurate and jolt on his mobile twin advantageous attacks, and the thugs get jolt and grenades 20. I like the fact that Black Sun and Rig Blaster are disruptive-proof. With no real melee this squad really wants to keep its distance, except for Xizor whose job is to be the nearest enemy, and to jolt big threats with his high attack.

I don't know how well the black sun gang will work compared to a Han/Jaina combo, but it would be fun to try.