SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

AN IG's senators
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10870
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Segastorm [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  AN IG's senators

30 Nute Gunray
27 Lobot
20 General Whorm Loathsom
80 IG-86 Assassin Droid x5
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer
14 R7 Astromech Droid x2
8 Mouse Droid x4

(199pts. 16 activations)

Tell me what you think please, getting ready for a local tourney.

Author:  Engineer [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

That looks familiar.

--200 Nute now with more guns--
30 Nute Gunray
27 Lobot
20 General Whorm Loathsom
80 IG-86 Assassin Droid x5
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer
7 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Battle Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
4 Mouse Droid x2

With Lobot you can bring in 2x more R7's and mice OR another IG-86 and 2x mice.

My only losses have been to double Lancer.

What map are you thinking about?

Author:  Segastorm [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Throne room, my best map, but it's a tourney, so I want to be prepared for all of the maps. And engineer, I did not intend to copy or almost copy your squad.

Author:  Engineer [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
Throne room, my best map. And engineer, I did not intend to copy your squad.

Copying a squad is no big deal.
I don't think you need the triple override in the base squad. If you need them, bring them in with Lobot.

I'm not sure about Throne Room as the map. I really like that map also. The player on the left has a real advantage. The player on the right can camp out in the Gambit zone and force your IG-86's to advance around the corner.

I've thought about changing from Theed Palace back to the Munnilist Grand Plaza map. Everyone is going to have cover (but that goes both ways).

Author:  Segastorm [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

30 Nute Gunray
27 Lobot
20 General Whorm Loathsom
80 IG-86 Assassin Droid x5
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer
7 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
10 Mouse Droid x5

k, how's this one? removed a R7(sounds like bad grammar but it isn't) for 2 ugs and a mice

and if throne room is bad, what do you recommend that's on the restricted map list?

Author:  jedispyder [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Sorry to interrupt, my Grammar Sense is tingling ;)

Segastorm wrote:
removed a R7(sounds like bad grammar but it isn't)

Actually it is, lol. The use of "a" vs "an" is based on the way the next word starts its pronunciation (same goes with "silent h"). So you would be saying "an are" instead of "a are". That's how the "sometimes u" is figured out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_ar ... n_a_and_an

Now, as for the squad, I'd be worried about the lack of Melee interference pieces as well as all Opportunist attackers.

Author:  Engineer [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
and if throne room is bad, what do you recommend that's on the restricted map list?

Re-read my post above. Theed Palace.

Author:  Segastorm [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Engineer wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
and if throne room is bad, what do you recommend that's on the restricted map list?

Re-read my post above. Theed Palace.


? Can't find anywhere right now that says theed is on the restricted map list, and I did make these kind of squads with Sora Bulq in them, but he just never seemed to work out for me testing them on VASSAL

Author:  Engineer [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
? Can't find anywhere right now that says theed is on the restricted map list, and I did make these kind of squads with Sora Bulq in them, but he just never seemed to work out for me testing them on VASSAL

Where are you looking? Theed Palace is on the list. It's on the other side of the new Smuggler's base map (buy it if you don't already have a copy).

Sora Bulq is great against melee. Giving up two shooters (4 shots with twin or 8 with double twin) seems like a lot to give up. I agree with your assessment.

Author:  Segastorm [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

I checked wizards, the holocron, and the list in VASSAL, it says it was on the open map list. Last question on this squad, how can I counter deathshot? I have a friend who plays it a lot.

Author:  Engineer [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
I checked wizards, the holocron, and the list in VASSAL, it says it was on the open map list. Last question on this squad, how can I counter deathshot? I have a friend who plays it a lot.

You did not check SWMgamers.com Look at the downloads page. SWM FLR rules Jan 2011, page 2, Theed Palace from JC map pack 1.

What type of Death shot squad are you trying to counter?

Author:  Segastorm [ Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

as many as possible at once, accurate deathshot in particular.

Author:  Engineer [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
as many as possible at once, accurate deathshot in particular.

Can you post a partial squad please.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Engineer wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
as many as possible at once, accurate deathshot in particular.

Can you post a partial squad please.


Jaster Mareel
Boba Fett Mercenary Commander
Mandalorian Filler

Author:  Engineer [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Jaster Mareel
Boba Fett Mercenary Commander
Mandalorian Filler

This squad will have at the most 6 shooters or 5 shooters with support. I would bring in some more shooters with nute. You should totally out activate your opponent. I think it will be a tough game.

Author:  Segastorm [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Engineer wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
as many as possible at once, accurate deathshot in particular.

Can you post a partial squad please.


I was thinking something like this

Plo Koon, Jedi Master
Mon Mothma
Mas Ammeda
Quite a few ARC trooper Snipers
filler and support

My friends have tendencies to copy squads that they see and don't have an imagination of their own.

Author:  Engineer [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
I was thinking something like this

Plo Koon, Jedi Master
Mon Mothma
Mas Ammeda
Quite a few ARC trooper Snipers
filler and support

My friends have tendencies to copy squads that they see and don't have an imagination of their own.

Well, two things, the +10 attack (or +14) will not hit all the time to the IG-86's in cover. This might be a moment when taking OOM-9 might be a good addition to your squad. You can bring him in with Nute. This will give your IG-86's a defense of 25 in cover.

Author:  Segastorm [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

OOM-9 only works on separatist droids doesn't he?

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

Segastorm wrote:
OOM-9 only works on separatist droids doesn't he?


correct

Author:  Engineer [ Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AN IG's senators

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Segastorm wrote:
OOM-9 only works on separatist droids doesn't he?


correct

oops

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/