Revan sith lord
Atris
darth bandon
X2 echani handmaidens
R7
Rodian brute
X2 mouse droids
X3 uggies

The squad is built around trading echani for damage/points on big targets and your Jedi being able to close. I went 3-2 with this in Maryland. I'm looking to improve it as much as I can.

The problem I ran into is the echani are so weak you basicly need to get damage on the enemies big beats so you end up not killing their fodder. You also roll over and die vs yobuck. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Bandon's brothel.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

It seems like the squad is trying to do 2 different things: big strikes with echani for damage and/or points, and then melee cleanup afterwards. It's not really a melee-interference-shooter squad...it's more of the reverse: it's a shooter-interference-melee squad.

We spoke about this before, but I'm not sure Bandon is quite right for the squad. When the Echani do a deep strike (via Revan-swap), you'll never have a mouse near enough to give them the bonus damage. He's useful when it's down to Atris/Bandon/Revan against whatever's left, but he doesn't do anything for the Echanis, who are your main damage-dealers in the beginning of the match. But then, if they could roll 5s on their attacks, it wouldn't be such an issue.... ;)

I wonder about dropping Bandon for Lobot (customizability helps), or even for Jabba CL (Lobot could bring him in if you wish)...those Echani attacking at something like +19 for 30 with Cunning (superb synergy with Revan's MT!) is pretty devastating. It effectively gives you two of these: :mj: :mj: And they have a bonus, in that they don't even have to base the target in order to do the big damage. Over the course of the match, using Jabba CL would front-load the squad's bonus damage, rather than end-loading it with Bandon. I think that might make your end-game (and really the whole match) much easier with this squad. It would mean 3 main cunning attackers in one squad, which is normally a weakness...but I think it might work well for this squad.

I hope this helps. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:03 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
You make a strong argument for Jabba Trev. He really helps the Echani's survivabilty by keeping them out of harms way. He doesn't do much else though, and that could be a problem as he only boosts the 2 maidens and the ugos. Bandon's CE can benefit the whole squad and is a decent tertiary beefcake himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:05 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

R5Don4 wrote:
You make a strong argument for Jabba Trev. He really helps the Echani's survivabilty by keeping them out of harms way. He doesn't do much else though, and that could be a problem as he only boosts the 2 maidens and the ugos. Bandon's CE can benefit the whole squad and is a decent tertiary beefcake himself.

Yep, I know. Only playtesting will prove which is better.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:30 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The extra damage is nice. I don't think I'd run jabba just because he doesn't help in your worst matchup: yobuck. The squad handles lancer surprisingly well. 2 reposters and high speed swap are just great tools vs the lancer. My issue with the squad is I couldn't get enough out of my echani for revan to clean in my 2 losses. I mean needing 5s to hit I only hit 1, it was that kinda day.

My thoughts now are I don't want to lose the amount of attackers I have if possible. If I can get a really good deal on a high point sith for dropping bandon and 1 echani I'll do it. But maul and nihl don't seem worth it. My thoughts now are to drop bandon and a r7 for a sith lord and a human bg.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I really like this team I brought a similar one in a game recently but I took darth krayt over revan for triple attack. I like this team alot but personally I think instead of bandon Jabba CL and darth sidious hologram are a much better combo. The cunning is self explanatory but the force points for the handmaidens really help for evade's and rerolling attacks (also 8 sqaures on half of mobile) and atris can effectively keep force meditation running the entire game.